Breakfast so far has been gammon, eggs and mushrooms - can't complain! :)
Friday, 24 May 2013
Thursday, 16 May 2013
Wednesday, 15 May 2013
I made this is a quick snack earlier and think I'll start having it for breakfast, tasted really nice with a bit of cream. The muffin's still not quite as sweet as I would like but I think if I double the amount of blueberries from 10 to 20g it could help, they're just so scrummy!
What you need:
1.5 tsp butter (softened)
4.5 tsp almond flour
4.5 tsp flax meal
0.5 tsp baking powder
2 tsp granulated sweetener
A drop of vanilla extract
10-20g chopped blueberries
How to do it:
1. Mix up the egg and butter until nicely blended, then mix in the dry ingredients, then add the blueberries.
2. Pop the mug in the microwave for about 80 seconds, then turn out on a plate and enjoy!
So with all this low-carbing the boyfriend and I have decided we should to do some work on our abs in addition to the 30 day squat challenge. We're following the BeFit 30 Day 6 Pack Abs videos by Lionsgate, all the info can be found here: http://www.lionsgatebefit.com/
I will be posting my results (here's hoping there is some) in the coming weeks, wish me luck! The videos are free - so no excuses not to try it :)
Tuesday, 14 May 2013
My boyfriend is one excellent chef when it come to the sweet treats.
I've been pretty quiet (revising for exams) but here is my apology! These are so damn yummy - they're quite crumbly so we're going to try them with a drop of egg for binding, but they taste so good and rich!
To make them, just follow my recipe for Almond Biscuits without the egg, and add 1.5 dessert spoons of cocoa powder (there's no net carbs in bournville cocoa powder), and an extra 25 grams of butter. Bake them till nice and firm and enjoy!
Friday, 10 May 2013
Made these two nights ago with my boyfriend and they are delish - who needs carbs when you can eat this stuff!? They're made using that trusty ingredient Almond flour, I love it! 4 net carbs per serving, less if your sweetener is carb free!
What you need (for 12 muffins):
220g almond flour
30g granulated sweetner
4 tbsp butter, softened up
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt
How to do it:
1. Pregeat the oven to 200 degrees C.
2. Mix 10g of the sweetner in with the blueberries and let it sit for a bit, to sweeten them up. I did this for about 15 mins, could have done with longer though.
3. Mix the almond flour, the remaining splenda, the eggs, butter, baking powder and vanilla until well mixed, then fold in the blueberry mixture.
4. Spoon the mixture into 12 muffin cups in a muffin tray and back for 15-20 minutes and nice and bouncy.